Write a Spell of Urban Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Books

2 posters

Go down

Favorite Books Empty Favorite Books

Post  Urban Banshee Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:58 am

Do you have a favorite book, or one that just really struck you? Talk about the what, and the why. Was it the writing style or just the story? Feel free to gush here, and maybe even find something new to read.

I really love the Harry Potter series, but everyone already knows about those books. You either love them or you don't. A book that stayed with me for years and I still love to pieces, is a children's book called Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs Yes there was a movie that was inspired by that book, and though I admit to liking the movie okay, I freaking loved that book. The people in the town had no idea how the weather worked the way it did, they just went with it without question because it was all they had ever known. That story always filled me with such wonder as a kid. About how cool, or not cool it would be to live in that town.

What other books out there stayed with you long after reading?
Urban Banshee
Urban Banshee
Admin

https://spellofurbanmagic.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Favorite Books Empty Re: Favorite Books

Post  authorwithissues Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:51 am

Well, the series I'm reading now is rather insightful, I must say. The Legends of the Red Sun series, of the weird fiction genre, is absolutely fantastic and will always stick with me. It brings up current issues of civil rights, human nature, and general societal rules is such a facinating setting... it will always stay with me.
authorwithissues
authorwithissues

http://fictionpress.com/~authorwithissues

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum